Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Here it was our last day on the Island ,,,,,, I have to see a Lord Howe Wood Hen .

There are a number of Lord Howe Island Bird that I thought I would have seen by now ,,,,,, one of them being the endangered Lord Howe Wood Hen ,,,,,,,, The locals keep telling me that they are everywhere ,,,,,,, Monique saw one just outside the unit ....... I am told that there are heaps down the south of the Island near the Golf Course ..... So Monique spotted a Emerald Dove hiding in the undergrowth close to the room
We have Breakfast and decided to ride to check out the Cappella Lodge on the South Part of the Island and see some Hens hopefully .

It is a Nice Ride and another sunny day .

The Girls are enjoying the Last morning before our Flight home at 4pm .

This is as far as they want to go ,,, The Car parking area of the Lodge ,,, From a distance I see what looks like a Chicken cross the road ,,,,,,, But on closer observation nothing is found .

The Lodge has a Nice view in the restaurant ,,,,,, Good for a breakfast or a sunset Dinner I suppose .

The lodge also has a Golf Course connected to it .

No comments:

Post a Comment